Monday, July 22, 2013

Reduced Work Hours = More Debt

I have been having a few problems with my job that I am at reduced work hours. This means my debt has been climbing. Inconsistent rental income doesn't help either.

Currently my debt is at $22,000 again. I tried to say no to cash advance on my credit cards but I really didn't want to borrow money from family members. This entire situation is the most stressful situation I have been in.

I will change the debt bar again. I hope to pay down about $1,800 before the end of August but I feel as if I need to rebuild my emergecy fund up first since I'm pretty sure something else may go wrong (job layoff/health problems) and I'd be increasing debt even more. If I pay down $1,800 by the end of August, it would be to get rid of one of the credit card balances. Yes, currently, I have five credit card balances. I was doing so well before!! It's shameful.

Build an Emergency fund or pay extra toward Debt beyond the stupid minimum payments I'm making to five different credit cards?

Decisions. Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment