Friday, March 01, 2013

Side Income: Makeup



Is it crazy to think of doing makeup on people as a side income? Let me rephrase; Is it crazy to think about doing this because I love makeup although there are better side income ideas in the field that I work in?

I am an environmental professional (I don't call myself a scientist because I do not do field research). I know there are side income opportunities that could exist in the environmental field.

However, lately, I really just do not want to deal with work after work hours. I know I need to correct this behavior and keep myself updated on various certifications/qualifications/barf barf.

Instead.....


Instead, I have been doing things that I love doing, which are writing short stories (I sold a poem for $3..definitely not doing it for the money) and playing around with makeup. I am now thinking that maybe I can practice my makeup skills more and ask my photographer friend if he can refer or attach me to some of his amateur photo shoots. Of course, I would not be able to ask for any money in the beginning... but just for a copy of his portrait shoots, as a way of building a portfolio of "Looks". This "could" turn into a small side income stream much later on but it is still in the day dream stage currently.

A female friend of mine has a casual photo shoot on March 16th, which I am hoping she would let me play around with her makeup for the shoot. If it goes well and if she allows me, I'm posting the facial beauty shot on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment