Friday, November 04, 2005

Fidelity Rollover IRA Update

Earlier this week, I had talked about the rollover process from an old 401K plan into Fidelity's rollover IRA account.


I was worried about the length of time it was taking to get processed, but I received the check from the old 401k plan provider today! Whew! The check's made out to Fidelity and nothing was withheld, so I'm happy enough. I guess, they don't directly send it over to Fidelity but send it to me first and then have me send the check to Fidelity. I assume that this is due to security purposes.


It took approximately a month and a half, beginning from the day on which I had submitted the distribution form to my old employer til the day I received the check (today!). I talked to Fidelity today and told them to be patient... all of my meager $2,600 rollover is coming soon to them. $2,600 is still $2,600 and I'm darn glad to have it! :).

Wow, I'm talkative today...this being the third post in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment