Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Budget Fun

Lately, I have been itching to go out more and have fun but it seems like even going to the fairgrounds costs at least $15 per person in parking and admission fees.

But over the past week, I have been getting my fun fix the budget way. We have been exploring hiking grounds that we've never been before. We went exploring around Dana Point Harbor and in the process, climbed...a lot..of stairs. I have even lost 3 pounds in the process even though this may just be water weight. I have been walking around the local wetlands area.

Last night, a friend of mine was able to get free pre-screening passes for A Million Ways To Die In The West with Seth McFarlane. The night was a lot more fun than we had expected. The radio station that hosted the event held fun games and competitions. I'd rather have this interaction with the rest of the audience than a ton of movie previews before a movie begins. I signed up for chances to gain more free movie passes in the future since we love going to the movies. The movie was hilarious and better than I thought it would be.

All in all, the memorial day was great fun with free home BBQ, courtesy of my sister and her family with exploring new trails. I can't wait for the weekend to be over to go exploring in another local area! Now...if only gas prices could be lower.......

No comments:

Post a Comment