Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Raise... and then another Raise..and then another.. and then another!

Wheee... I got news today that although, I've been at this new job for only two months (nearly), I will be getting a 5% raise at the end of this month that also retrospectively start from when I started. Yes!! And also, the medical insurance will now be paid fully and the excess medical money will directly be going into my pockets/paycheck. Then, in early next year/quarter, I'm getting another 5% raise as well! Then, come September, I'll be getting a 5% raise when I'm pushed to the next salary level. Plus, getting more excess medical money (~a total of an additional $150/month of excess medical money).

Needless to say, I'm happy. A good sized increase in annual salary within the first six months and then within the first year at the job is not bad at least in my books. I love doing what I do right now....but the raises are still appreciated. However, I'd take job satisfaction over money anytime.

Of course, if I have the guts to quit this job right now and apply for the same exact position over at a neighboring City, which has the starting salary of $71,000 to $80,000, it would be smarter. Somehow, I feel awkward quitting a job I just got. All the cities in Orange County have a close working relationship (at least in my field), and we interact with each other on a monthly basis. It certainly would not look good in my favor if I quit a job after only two months and flipped through cities. Something about honor.. loyalty....and other useless things.

Now, if I can figure out what graduate degree I should pursue that will further satisfy both my heart and wallet....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    Congrats! Invest in your future. Go to vegas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I've been itching to go again. Vegas was one of the options for new year's eve this year.

    ReplyDelete